Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines




Valentine's Day was a little harder this year because Josh was on call from 6am Saturday until 9am Sunday. So I wasn't expecting much. =) But we love Valentine's Day and always celebrate it because it was the day we met. A lot of people have wonderful, incredible romantic stories about special dates or first dates or proposals or weddings, etc. on Valentine's Day. And we don't really have anything like that. But I don't mind because I think there's something unique and special about randomly and accidentally meeting my husband on Valentine's Day. I was 17 and was volunteering to serve dinner at a weekend youth retreat called Chrysalis. Josh was a table leader for one of the groups of boys. I was going around to all the tables offering beverages and all the boys at his table were so shy that they never wanted drink refills because they were afraid to look a girl in the eye. So I spent the whole evening trying to find some drink that they would actually drink. And I will admit that I noticed the table leader was pretty cute. =) The next morning, Josh visited the church where I was performing with a traveling drama and music group. We were introduced and the rest is history. So we like Valentine's Day and almost celebrate it more than our anniverary. Even though Josh was on call this year, he still made it special. Josh came home with roses for me on Friday night along with a special meal of shrimp, mussels, calamari, and Brie to eat after the kids went to bed. He also had special heart-shaped Valentine's cookies for the kids and some special ones for us too. On Saturday, the kids and I made Valentine's cupcakes to take to the hospital for Josh and his mom while they were working. Then on Sunday, Vicki took the kids and Josh took me to Eddie Merlots and to see "He's Just Not That Into You." We got to sleep in and I got up and made Josh breakfast before we had to go pick up Seth and Lilah. It was a nice Valentine's weekend and I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. It was 10 years ago this weekend that we met and I thank God for the many blessings that He has poured out on me through Josh and our family for all 10 of them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you made me get all teary... Has it really been 10 years? You guys are so perfect for each other still. :)

    Do you realize it will soon be 20 years that you and I have known each other?? And we're still perfect for each other too. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete