Thursday, October 22, 2009

apple pie


We were having some friends over last night from Josh's residency program and wanted to make an apple pie to use up some of the apples we have picked. I didn't really feel like a crumble topping so I looked online for a good apple pie recipe without a crumb topping and found this one on allrecipes.com. It had almot 900 reviews and was rated 5 stars so I gave it a shot. It was absolutely delicious. The best apple pie I've ever tried. So here is the recipe and a pic of my pie. I use the store bought roll out pie dough to make it even easier but I'm sure it would be even better with a homemade crust. Just thought I'd pass it along. =) Also, I tried a hot apple cider recipe from allrecipes.com that was fantastic and here is that recipe as well. I didn't have any cheesecloth on hand or whole cloves and spice berries so I just put all of the ingredients directly into the cider and used normal clove spice and allspice. But it was still great.

Pie: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grandma-oples-apple-pie/Detail.aspx

Cider: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/hot-apple-cider/Detail.aspx

2 comments: