Tuesday, May 5, 2009

scatter brain

So, I locked my keys into my house this morning. again. I actually locked my keys into my car at spanich class a couple weeks ago. And then today I was leaving to go play at a friend's house with the kids. I had all the kids loaded up and ready to go and realized I'd forgotten my friend's house address. So I ran back into the house to get the address and ran right back out to the car with my address and no keys. I, of course, locked the door behind me. I called Josh to see if he had any suggestions because we do not have a spare key hidden anywhere and the one person who does have a spare key to our house (Josh's mom) was in Tulsa today. Josh suggested that I just hang out outside until he could come home at the end of the day because he was scrubbing into a laproscopic nephrectomy. I did not consider that a viable option because I had no car keys, no food, no drinks, and not enough diapers to last me 10 hours outside with 3 children in my backyard. I then got angry because I get tired of laproscopic neprhrectomys and other "big" cases taking precedent over my needs. "people are sick, I'm a resident, blah, blah, blah...." Can you tell I'm bitter? So I called my friend Laura (whose house I was supposed to be going to) and told her that I would probably not make it over as I was locked out of my house and couldn't drive my car. She graciously offered to load up her 4 kids and drive to Grant hospital to get the house key from Josh and bring it to me. This is not a quick drive because Grant is all the way downtown. So Laura brought me my house key and then hung out at my house with another friend, Lisa, so that we could all still enjoy some playtime and adult conversation. I very much appreciate Laura for sparing me a day in the sun with the kids and no food or drinks and having to pee in the backyard for lack of toilets. Thank you Jesus for friends in Columbus who are willing to help you out and be paid in McDonalds chicken nuggets!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, that sounds awful! Isn't Laura just the sweetest person?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy it worked out. That happened to me a couple of times, so we finally gave our neighbors a spare key. Hope they're home if it happens again!
    And, yes, we have wonderful friends in Columbus. I love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addendum...To expand upon the embellished story I just read. I did not recommend my wife wait outside all day. My recommendation to her was that she find a friend that could get the key to her OR wait until after my 2hour case for me to bring the key home. I NEVER told her to wait outside all day. Just to clear the air...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha...I'm not saying a word...other than laughing of course.

    ReplyDelete