Tuesday, May 19, 2009

8 years and counting







Today is mine and Josh's 8 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe we've been married 8 years already. I have to say that time really does fly. And something about being married 8 years makes me feel old. And when I think about where we are in life right now and reflect on where we were when we got married, I realize how young and immature we really were. Josh and I got married when were 19 and 20. We were pretty young. I almost can't believe our parents let us get married when we did. We had so much growing up to do. At the same time, sometimes I think that is part of what has made our marriage successful thus far. We kind of grew up together. Josh and I never really had the opportunity to develop our own independant way of doing things. We sort of developed our style together and avoided a lot of the conflict sometimes associated with merging two different lives. We've certainly had our adjustments and some rough patches. However, I find that the longer we are married, the more I enjoy learning all the intricacies that make up Josh and the easier the compromises are. I respect him more and more every day and admire the man he is becoming. I genuinely enjoy his friendship and find myself falling more in love with him every day. He is a wonderful, loving husband and I cherish our time together. (God knows we don't get much of it!) lol ... And since we got married so young, we actually have a shot at hitting 50 years together and maybe even 75 if we take really good care of ourselves! =) Here's hoping... Love you Josh!






3 comments:

  1. Wow - I have a hard time believing that was 8 years ago too! What a different life we all had back then. I truly admire you and Josh for getting through all the life you've encountered so far and for doing it gracefully. Love you both and glad you're still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julie! I hope you find time to celebrate together.

    ReplyDelete