Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day



This weekend is Mother's Day weekend. I'm not expecting a whole lot because Josh is working all weekend. My mom is in Virginia visiting my brother and Josh's mom is in Tulsa visiting his sister. So it will just be me and the kids this weekend and that will be fine. I took the kids outside today to play for a bit and eat lunch. Lilah spent most of the time collecting flowers. She carefully gathered them in a little bunde and presented them to me with a big smile and an "I love you mommy, you're my princess!" We put them in water and admired them on the kitchen counter. I think it's one of the most beautiful bouquets I've ever received. So there won't be much in the way of big outings or pampering this weekend... but I am constantly reminded of the beauty and love that God has poured out on me with my 3 precious children. They are always full of laughs and cuddles and they never go a day without proclaiming their love for me and that I am their mommy (although I'm not sure I would brag about that). I am also thankful for my own mom this Mother's Day. She has spent my entire life teaching me how to be the kind of mom I can only hope to be to my own children. So even though I will really be "working" all weekend for Mother's Day since I'm on my own, it will still be nice cherishing my 3 precious kids who make every day challenging and special all at the same time. =) And here are a couple pics of my babies. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!


Lilah wanted to wear a dress and then I found her later with her tutu underneath her dress so that it was extra fancy. She's my beautiful princess!




















3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Since I had kids, dandelions have become one of my favorite flowers. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bouquet of flowers - so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. I can't believe how big Issac is getting!

    ReplyDelete