Tuesday, March 3, 2009

my big boy

Today, Erin picked up Seth to take him to the Zookids class for the afternoon with Brenna. She is doing me a wonderful favor by freeing up my afternoon so that I can get stuff done and (should we actually decide to move) get some packing done. So I gave Seth lunch before Erin came and told him then that he was going to the zoo with Brenna for the afternoon. He was soooooooo excited. Please understand, this is the FIRST thing Seth has done on his own with a friend where he was not with a parent or grandparent and siblings. When she came, I went outside to get car seats transferred over and Seth was waiting in the back room with his shoes, ready to go. We got his coat on and put him in the car. He was beaming. Seth looked at me and said, "Mommy, today I'm a big boy!" I said,"You sure are." And now all I can think about is that he really is and it's going too fast.

2 comments:

  1. I must be premenstrual or something because this made me cry a little. I am such a sap! I also get sappy when I think that our boys (even our girls) are sort of the big kids now in the group. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This too made me a little teary! He is growing up too fast and I can't even watch him do it! Why must we all be so far away from each other?!!?

    ReplyDelete