Monday, March 22, 2010

great weekend

(Thanks for the pictures, Laura!)
We made a trip to mom and dad's house and then Columbus for the weekend. I had purchased a sit n stand stroller from a friend in Columbus who found a GREAT deal on one for me and it gave me the perfect excuse to go visit friends. =) So we stayed at mom and dad's house on Friday night and made a day trip to Columbus to hang out with some of our best friends at Erin's house. The kids had a blast seeing their buddies and I very much enjoyed catching up with my girlfriends who I am constantly missing in Michigan. They were such a blessing to me and my kids during the time we lived in Columbus and there's nothing like reuniting with war buddies even if your war was just getting through daily life of residency with 3 kids. So, our weekend was great. We stayed at mom and dad's again on Saturday night and the kids got some fun time with them. We went to brunch with my parents and brother on our way out of town on Sunday morning and got back home in Michigan in the early afternoon to spend a good evening with Josh.

The only bad part of the weekend was late last night as Josh and I watched the health care bill pass. We are simply praying that God protects our country from the devastating potential consequences of this bill that truly steps on the toes of freedom and what this country was founded on. It is scary for patients and frustrating for doctors, and since our family falls into both categories, we find it terrifying. I still say we look for an unoccupied island and start a new country. Anyone want to join us?! =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry we missed you. We were at my MIL's. It was a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete