Monday, March 1, 2010

The Flu and a Mouse

We had kind of a rough week this past week. Everybody was sick one way or another. Isaac shared a nasty cold virus with me that made the first part of our week kind of yucky. And then the stomach virus hit the house with full force toward the end of the week. Luckily, I did not get that one because I was pretty busy cleaning up the evidence of the bug from everyone else in the family. Isaac and Lilah both got it and then Josh had it over the weekend. yuk! Fortunately, Seth and Lilah were both in the clear by Saturday night because we had tickets to see Disney On Ice with our friends. Josh did not get to go because he was sick. So he stayed home with Isaac, who was also not feeling great and we used his "paid for" seat to hold our coats and bags. Not sure that was worth the cost of admission.... but whatever. =)







But we had a good time, even though Josh couldn't come. The kids loved the show and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the quality of the performance. Lilah LOVED the princess scene and Seth's eyes got huge when his personal favorites, the Toy Story gang, showed up at the end. Our seats were fantastic, 7 rows from the ice, so Seth could really see Buzz Lightyear do the flying spread eagle right in front of us. It was a lot of fun. And I have to admit that even at the age of 28, there is something about that magic mouse (Mickey) and the rest of the the Disney gang that still makes my stomach flutter with excitement. And even as an adult with my wide-eyed 3 year old "princess" in my lap, I caught myself dreaming of a career performing as Snow White in a skater's princess dress. (Snow White because she's the dark-haired, pasty white princess that I most resemble) haha... =) The only thing that was NOT magical was the $12 bag of cotton candy I had promised the kids before I knew the cost... and that was the cheapest treat option! Crazy!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! One of my absolute favorite memories as a kid was seeing Disney on Ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents took our three kids to Disney on Ice last weekend. They absolutely loved it! I hope everyone is feeling better now! <3

    ReplyDelete