Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apple Eating




So it looks like EVERYBODY went apple picking this past weekend. And we are no exception. It was a beautiful weekend so we had to take advantage of the weather and enjoy the great outdoors. I took the kids to Lynds farm for apple picking and they had a lot of fun. I really can't say that Seth and Lilah went apple picking though. I picked the apples and they pretty much just ate them. I had to bring home a bag full of apples with bites out of them because the kids just kept picking up the apples I already picked and taking bites. At one point they stopped even pretending like they were picking apples and just sat down to enjoy their apple snacks. Needless to say, Seth and Lilah have eaten like 20 apples each over the past few days. Every time I turn around I find them sneaking an apple and hiding in a corner to eat it. So now I need to start making apple pies and apple sauce and other apple treats. Any great recipes with apples? Please send them my way. =)


We had a nice weekend with family and friends and the beautiful weather. It was pretty relaxing just kind of hanging out and eating apples all weekend. Seth and Lilah got into a pretty heated fight on the way to my parents' house. (I think Lilah kept putting her feet in Seth's car seat). Seth called to me in the front seat and said "Mom, when we get home I'm just gonna have to get my magic wand and zap Lilah into a mosquito!" I guess he thought she'd be easier to squash (or at least ignore) if she was a mosquito. Other than that the kids were fairly mild mannered and cooperative this weekend. Which is a huge blessing when it happens, let me tell you. Especially when Josh is working all weekend. There was only one other particularly infuriating incident when I sent Seth to go potty and found him five minutes later standing in the pee filled toilet. I don't even know what to do with that... I just kind of shrieked and washed his feet off in the sink with soap. Anyways, the kids are sleeping now after a busy, fun-filled day at Cosi Science Center and playing outside. I am enjoying the quiet. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Evie stands in toilets too. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh...I'm sure that I'll have at least one that does that sometime!

    ReplyDelete