Thursday, July 22, 2010

sad day


Today was a tough day. Our 7 year old dog named Wyatt has been acting kind of lethargic lately. We took him to a vet hospital on Saturday because he was breathing rapid, shallow breaths. They said he just seemed anxious and sent us home. So this afternoon he started vomiting blood. We took him back to the vet and they did a chest scan and his lungs were full of cancer. He was struggling to breathe and there was really no treatment. So, Josh had him put to sleep. I'm so thankful Josh was able to rush home and take care of Wyatt. He was able to sit with him and hold him while they put him to sleep. The kids are having a rough time. I think Josh and I are having a rougher time. Wyatt was our kid before we had kids. And he was a really good dog. I took pictures of the kids with Wyatt before Josh took him to the vet, because I just had a feeling. And I'm so glad I did. I printed the pictures for the kids and they are holding them and it seems to have calmed them down. Seth just keeps crying and looking at his picture and saying "My good dog, Wyatt, your life will be treasured forever." (Seriously, is he five or twenty-five?) Anyways, I think it's going to be a pizza and movie night. And I will allow us all to eat as much candy as we want to deaden the pain. sigh....

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo sorry, I can't even imagine! I'll say some extra prayers tonight for the kids (and you) to heal.

    ReplyDelete