Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Lilah Ann!

Lilah learned her name this week. She's been quite passionate about her newly understood identification. I can no longer call her any of the pet names that I have so affectionately bestowed on her during her short little life. The other day I said, "Lilah, are you my precious baby girl?" Her brows furrowed and she responded in her passionate, low growl of a voice by saying, "No! I Lilah Ann!" We get the same intense response when we call her by Lilly Lou, sugar pie, baby doll, or any other term of endearment that we tend to use. And if we laugh at her insistance on who she is, she melts down into a frenzied, high pitch squeal of repetitve pleas (all the while pointing to her chest to emphasize the point) "I Lilah Ann! I Lilah Ann!" At least she has a strong sense of identity. =) Seth, by the way, thinks the whole thing is hilarious and has taken full advantage of the opportunity to call her any name that is not actually hers, simply to get a reaction. But if I remember my own childhood with three brothers correctly... that's what brothers are for.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I can imagine I would call her a nickname on purpose just to see the reaction. It sounds really cute, although I'm sure it's super frustrating to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till Seth starts singing songs about Lilah in a not-so-nice way.. and telling her she was born under a rock and that he is going to flush her down the toilet.. if he is anything like Josh, that is exactly what he will do to her, just like Josh did to me while we were growing up!! Gotta love sibling rivalry!

    ReplyDelete